Copyright 2012 Digby Van Winkle. Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, 9 October 2013
Digby's guide to Social Media!
We are constantly being asked "How do you have so many followers? My dog is pretty cool. Heck, I am pretty cool! I want to have as many followers as you one day! Will you teach me?" and, well, Digby has replied to every single one of them demanding bacon - and then we'll talk. As yet, no bacon has materialised so for a limited time Digby is offering this rare insight to you absolutely free! He'd still really like the bacon, though.
And so, we give to you...
Digby's guide to social media!
1. Don't have an objective. Just let things flow naturally. If you do have an objective, make sure it involves silly hats.
2. Make it all about you! Selfies are the perfect way to show the world that you are you, and you are awesome.
3. Include those closest to you. Even if your little brother is a little bit "Special" and copies everything you do, remember that you love him and if everyone else loves him too, that's okay.
4. Tell a story when you post. Don't post for the sake of posting; make sure that what you do and say MEANS something. Even if all you're saying is "Look at how absolutely fabulous I am."
5. Accesorise! Enhance all of your best features. Glasses tell the world "I'm smart, and smart people are where it's at. It's okay if my intelligence makes you feel inferior."
6. Keep the people happy! If what makes them happy is an instagram account filled with your beautiful mug, make it happen.
7. Remember the "Social" part of social media. Show the world how many friends you have - it'll make them want you more.
8. Puppies! If you aren't a puppy by nature, that's okay. Just find one, because everyone loves puppies. Cats just won't do.
9. Don't be a gimmick. Actually, scratch that - be a gimmick, just own it. There's no shame in embarassing yourself for the world's amusement.
10. No matter what, take some "me time." If me time for you involves sleeping on a bed of money? Do it, and make sure people know about it!